Are Metal Roofs Energy Efficient?
Why should you choose the same roofing material as millions around the world? How about giving your home a unique and modern look by installing a stylish metal roof today? Are metal roof energy efficient? Will it really make my house cooler? Go that extra mile and install metal roofing in your house and enjoy all the benefits it has to offer. Homeowners are finding it beneficial and cost effective than the other options. If you are planning to live in your house for decades to come then it is smart to opt for metal roofing
Metal roofing is a great investment which offers numerous benefits. For starters, it is extremely energy efficient and can help to keep you home pleasantly cool during the summers. This could help in lowering your electrical bills as you need not switch on the air-conditioner as often comparatively thinner and has a contour stamped into it.
Also metal is comparatively thinner and has a contour stamped into it, this contour helps in creating an air gap between the roofing and the roof sheathing below it. This creates insulation under the metal roof which works to keep your home cool and pleasant.
Metal Roofs Pros VS Cons
1. It is durable and can last over 7 decades.
2. It can protect you from typhoons, hurricanes and strong winds of up to 160 miles per hour.
3. It is environment friendly. Materials in metal tops are recyclable. You can also install metal tops over your existing roof, thus preventing your old roof to further decay.
4. Metal Roofs have low maintenance. Since a metal doesn’t crack, rot, split and snap, you need not spend much for the maintenance expenses.
5. You can DIY. There are lots of local stores that offer brochures on DIY metal roofing. They can guide you on the materials you will need in installing your roof safely and successfully.
6. Some contractors offer lifetime warranties, others give up to 50-75 years. They are confident to give lifetime warranties because metal coverings are built to last a lifetime.
1. Metal coverings are very expensive. The cheapest metal roof is equal the price of the most expensive traditional roofing.
2. It can be noisy especially on rainy days. Placing on a good insulator before installing the metal top can lessen the noise.
3. Tendency to be dented and scratched. Your metal top can withstand strong wind gusts, however it’s still susceptible to scratches and marks when hail storms land on its surface.
Why Element Exteriors Chooses Metal Roof for Your House:
• Can survive high winds
• It will seal out water
• Provides long warranties
• Makes use of a dead-air space that exist between the metal and roof deck to increase energy efficiency in the house
• Resistant to insects, rot and mildew
• Reduces heat gain from the sun’s heat rays
So, are metal roofs energy efficient? The best part about choosing cost efficient metal roofing is the fact that you are presented with a wide variety of materials to choose from. Of course aluminum is a good and very popular choice. Not only does it offer all the energy efficient benefits of metal roofing, it is also very environmental friendly.